VIA Disc is a non-surgical, injectable intradiscal treatment option for patients suffering from chronic discogenic lower back pain resulting from degenerative disc disease (DDD).
VIA DISC KEY FEATURES
NON-SURGICAL A non-surgical option that can be delivered through a 22G spine needle.
SUPPLEMENTS THE DISC In-vitro testing of the NP particulate demonstrates the ability of dehydrated NP to absorb water similar to original nucleus pulposus tissue.' Transplanted NP tissue may support biomechanical function of the supplemented disc.
EASE OF USE Ambient temperature, off-the-shelf allograft.
PROPRIETARY SYSTEM FOR PREPARING ALLOGRAFT Consistent mixing with a fully-closed system to reduce contamination risk.
WHY NUCLEUS PULPOSUS?
- PROPER PHYSIOLOGIC LOADING
- Multiple studies highlight that proper physiologic loading is imperative to matrix homeostasis in degenerated discs.
- Proper physiological loading can stimulate aggrecan production and improve hydrostatic pressure by attracting and binding water.
- WATER ABSORPTION CAPACITY
- The VIA Disc NP nucleus pulposus matrix provides a scaffold for additional water absorption capacity through its glycosaminoglycan (GAG) content', which is expected to translate into increased hydrostatic pressure within the disc.
- The water absorption capacity of the VIA Disc NP supplements the intervertebral
disc and may stabilize or normalize biomechanical function.